Mumbai is a city of many surprises. There is never a quiet moment that you will have in a city that is always bustling with life and people. Well, if you thought that you knew all about the city that there is to know, think again! Did you know that apart from being one of the most popular cities in the country, Mumbai is also a hotspot for recreational activities, especially trekking?
Well yes, you hear it right. Trekking near Mumbai is a very good option since there are many trek routes that are located near the city and plenty of organizations who arrange for treks here. Let’s take a look at some of them:
1) One day trek to One Tree Hill, Matheran: Matheran is one of the most quiet and beautiful hill stations that you will come across which is located very near Mumbai. If you travel to this place, you can enjoy this lovely moderate level trek up to the One Tree Hill. The trail of this trek is known as the Shivaji Ladder route and it offers very interesting sights all along the way. This is a must try if you are in Matheran.
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2017
Time: 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Where: Matheran (Outside Mumbai)
Cost: Rs 800 per person
2) Trek to Mahuli Fort: Did you know that there are quite a number of forts near Mumbai, of which the Mahuli fort is a pretty famous one. Located on top of a hill, if you want to visit this really interesting fort, then you can have a lovely time trekking up to it as well. It is located about 2815ft above sea level. If you are a beginner, then this is an ideal trek route for you.
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2017 – Sun, 16 Jul 2017
Time: 9:30 AM – 11 AM of the following day
Where: Mahuli Fort (Outside Mumbai)
Cost: Rs 850 per person
3) Waterfall rappelling at Diksal: Are you scared of heights? Well then this is a great way to overcome your fear of both height and water by trying out waterfall rappelling in the hands of well trained guides at Diksal. The beautiful locale and the wonderful guides are an added bonus!
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2017
Time: 6:00AM – 6:00PM
Where: Bhivpuri Waterfalls Umroli (Outside Mumbai)
Cost: Rs 1000
4) Bhimashankar Trek: Well if you want a religious fervour intermingled with your trek then this is the perfect route to try out. Known to be the home of one of the 12 jyotirlingas, this place is flocked by pilgrims and trekkers alike.
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2017
Time: 3:00AM – 6:00PM
Where: Bhimashankar (Outside Mumbai)
Cost: Rs 1100 onwards
5) Andharban Trek: Want to get a taste of trekking downhill through the forests? Well then you should definitely check out this trek route near Mumbai then!
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017
Time: 6:30AM – 5:30PM
Where: Andharban (Outside Mumbai)
Cost: Rs 1050 onwards
These are some of the most promising trek routes that you will come across near Mumbai. If you want to make sure that you have a nice trekking weekend, then do try these out!